PE at Pine Green Academy offers a tailored curriculum that promotes physical activity and confidence. It provides students with the motivation to get involved in exercise, sports and activities out of school and in later life. Students develop the skills needed to participate and be successful within a wide and varied range of sports/activities. The outstanding facilities onsite shape and contribute to the delivery of our curriculum.
- Autumn term - Net and Wall sports: badminton, squash, table tennis, tennis.
- Spring term - team sports: handball, hockey, rugby, football.
- Summer term - striking and fielding: rounder’s cricket, softball and athletics.
Students also have the opportunity to compete within local competitions and attend sports leader’s events.
PE at Pine Green Academy provides opportunities for students to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. This enables individuals to make informed choices about participation in physical activities throughout their lives whilst developing self-confidence, resilience and self-esteem.
The aims of PE are:
- To enable students to develop and explore physical skills with increasing control and co-ordination.
- To encourage students to work as a team in a range of group situations improving their co-operation skills and sensitivity towards others with differing abilities. To develop the way students, perform skills and apply rules and conventions to different activities.
- To increase students’ ability to use what they have learnt to improve the quality and control of their performance.
- To teach students to recognise and describe how their bodies feel during exercise.
- To develop student enjoyment and motivation towards physical activity and to derive satisfaction and achievement.
- To engage in competitive sports and activities that build character, self-confidence and embed values such as fairness and respect.
- To develop an understanding of how to succeed in a range of physical activities and how to evaluate and further develop their own success.
- To provide opportunities for physical and sensory EHCP desired outcomes to be worked towards allowing students to improve muscle tone, co-ordination, fine and gross motor skills.